Solar Pool Heating System
Installing a solar powered swimming pool heater is a great way to not only warm up your pool but also make it comfortable to swim in all seasons. Another benefit is that it will help pool owners save money on heating costs.
The systems are relatively affordable and cost less to operate. They're also versatile and work with different pool sizes and types. Solar pool heaters can be used for both in-ground pools and above ground pools.
Meraki Design & Construction, LLC can significantly reduce swimming pool heating costs by installing a solar pool heater. They have very low annual operating costs. Actually, solar pool heating is the most cost-effective use of solar energy in many climates.
The solar pool heater uses only solar power to pump the warm water through the system, effectively using far less energy for water heating.
Most solar pool heating systems include the following:
- A solar collector -- the device through which pool water is circulated to be heated by the sun
- A filter -- removes debris before water is pumped through the collector
- A pump -- circulates water through the filter and collector and back to the pool
- A flow control valve -- automatic or manual device that diverts pool water through the solar collector.
These components work together as one large integrated system that heats your pool water to the desired temperature. The proper installation of a solar pool heating system depends on many factors.
These factors include;
- Solar resource
- Local building code requirements
- Safety issues.
Therefore, it's best to have a qualified solar thermal systems contractor like Meraki Design & Construction, LLC install your system.
Solar pool heaters can run for 10-20 years with none to minimal issues, as long as they are properly maintained by the homeowner.